- Rider Info
- Public Involvement
- Photo and Video
"Complete the Loop" Project
The latest phase in the Portland Streetcar construction was the "Complete the Loop" project. This project connects the Streetcar via the Tilikum Crossing: Bridge of the People on both sides of the river closing the southern end of the Loop. The first phase of construction was completed in 2013 with the construction of a turnaround at SE Stephens between MLK and Grand followed by work to connect the SE Water/OMSI stop location and the SW Moody tracks with the new bridge. The remaining work will occured beginning August 11, 2014 with the construction of a second track on SW 4th and Montgomery to allow for operations of the full Loop. The "Complete the Loop" project is scheduled to open September 12, 2015 in conjunction with the opening of the Portland to Milwaukie Light Rail Project.
Streetcar Planning Goals:
- Link neighborhoods with a convenient and attractive transportation alternative.
- Fit the scale and traffic patterns of existing neighborhoods.
- Provide quality service to attract new transit ridership.
- Reduce short inner-city auto trips, parking demand, traffic congestion and air pollution.
- Encourage development of more housing and businesses in the Central City.