- Rider Info
- Public Involvement
- Photo and Video
Portland Streetcar Construction and Service Updates
For Streetcar construction information, please contact Julie Gustafson with Portland Streetcar, Inc.
For information on the Portland Milwaukie Light Rail Project please visit TriMet's project construction website at trimet.org/pm/construction/index.htm.
Construction schedule subject to change.
"Jasmine Block" Construction
Construction of a second track on SW 4th and SW Montgomery near Portland State University.
NOW – September 28, 2014
Updates will be posted throughout construction.
- SW Montgomery is closed between SW 4th and SW 5th and will remain closed through Sunday, September 28. It will reopen as a One-Way westbound street on Monday, September 29, 2014.
- The left traffic lane, adjacent to the streetcar lane, is closed from SW Harrison to SW Montgomery and will remain closed 24 hours a day through September 28 to allow for installation of the new track.
- The crosswalks at SW 4th and SW Montgomery are closed and will remain closed through September 28. Please use the crosswalk one block north at SW Mill or the crosswalk one block south at SW Harrison to cross 4th.
- The Streetcar platform at SW 5th and Montgomery is closed through Friday, September 5 for repairs and improvements. Please use the stops at SW 5th and Market or SW 3rd and Harrison.
- Night work will occur September 10 to trim trees adjacent to the Streetcar Overhead Wires. This work must occur at night as it is adjacent to and often touching the overhead wires and can only be done while the overhead wires are powered down.
- Northbound track installation will occur the week of September 8 on SW 4th. This will involve a second lane closure from 9:00AM to 5:00PM from SW Hall to SW Mill.
- A streetcar shutdown will occur September 15-21 from SW 10th/11th & Clay to the South Waterfront with a bus replacement shuttle. Work will occur 24 hours a day during this time to install the necessary switches and crossings for the new track.
- SW 4th Avenue will be closed September 19-21 from SW Harrison to SW Mill. Access will be maintained to the Cyan/PDX parking lot during this closure.
The Streetcar stop at SW Bond & Lane has been temporarily relocated about 30 feet to the north along Bond due to the construction of the apartment building at this location. Please board the streetcar at the new temporary stop where the streetcar sign is located.