- Rider Info
- Public Involvement
- Photo and Video
Portland Streetcar Construction and Service Updates
For Streetcar construction information, please contact Julie Gustafson with Portland Streetcar, Inc.
For information on the Portland Milwaukie Light Rail Project please visit TriMet's project construction website at trimet.org/pm/construction/index.htm.
Construction schedule subject to change.
"Jasmine Block" Construction
Construction of a second track on SW 4th and SW Montgomery near Portland State University.
August 11 – September 28, 2014
Updates will be posted throughout construction.
- SW Montgomery will be closed between SW 4th and SW 5th beginning Monday, August 11 and will remain closed through Sunday, September 28. It will reopen as a One-Way westbound street on Monday, September 29, 2014.
- Work through the end of August will include sawcutting of the new track location, demo of existing asphalt and landscaping, and overhead wire pole foundations. This work will involve the closure of the south sidewalk on Montgomery with detours to the north sidewalk and to Harrison.
- The right lane on SW 4th Avenue will be closed the week of August 11 to allow for foundations to be set on the east side of the street.
- The left traffic lane, adjacent to the streetcar lane, will close once the work on the east side of the street is completed, approximately August 18. This lane will remain closed through September 28 to allow for installation of the new track.
- A streetcar shutdown will occur September 15-21 from SW 10th/11th & Clay to the South Waterfront with a bus replacement shuttle. Work will occur 24 hours a day during this time to install the necessary switches and crossings for the new track.
- SW 4th Avenue will be closed September 19-21 from SW Harrison to SW Mill. Access will be maintained to the Cyan/PDX parking lot during this closure.
The Streetcar stop at SW Bond & Lane has been temporarily relocated about 30 feet to the north along Bond due to the construction of the apartment building at this location. Please board the streetcar at the new temporary stop where the streetcar sign is located.